3/31/09

Inspirers

In one of my previous blogs I discussed about the power of those who fight day-in and day-out tough and cruel diseases like cancer - http://stefano-vincere1.blogspot.com/2009/01/beating-beasts.html
We can have nothing but admiration for people such as Patrick Swayze who still works and performs at his best despite painful treatments and Lance Armstrong who after beating testicular cancer that spread to his brain went on to win 7 Tour de France races.
My sister Barbara has been fighting cancer for almost 3 years now. During this time she had the strenght and motivation to help many people understand how it feels to live with cancer. She wrote a beautiful book currently used by medical schools in Italy to sensitize aspiring doctors. She has also composed a beautiful song available at emusic (soon on iTunes) in MP3 format: http://www.emusic.com/album/Barbara-Paolinelli-Chi-Vincer%C3%A0-MP3-Download/11411413.html
All I need to express is that Barbara has been a true inspiration to me. I feel lucky to be his brother.

No comments: